Wednesday, March 18, 2020

All the World's a Nuthouse...



Found this in an old journal - a rant originally written in April of 2000, but oddly appropriate today, perhaps more than ever. 
__________________

   Obviously, you’ve looked at this world and seen it for the grand illusion it truly is.  I mean… who makes this stuff up? Who decides we will live in a society based on little slips of green paper that don’t even represent gold anymore? And, for that matter, who decides that gold is worth $1500/oz instead of – oh, say – the blossom of a San Pedro Cactus? We’ve had it all so programmed into us that we think it’s real, but after having been on this spirit quest for so long now, I not only see that it isn’t real, but it isn’t even the least bit sane or rational.
   We slave our entire lives away to gather these green slips of paper – not only to pay for necessities which should be a guaranteed byproduct of being alive in a so-called 'civilized society' (food, shelter just for example) but also in fear of what will happen to us if we fail to have enough green slips of paper. The government has its hand out for taxes, yet I see very little the government does for me personally (and what it does do are mostly things I don’t like anyway). 
   So… here I am paying loads of money to support the meth-heads who don’t bother to gather enough green slips of paper, not to mention paying for all the bombs and defense research to help do my part to eventually level Mudball #3 to a lump the size of a piece of coal. Hell, we don’t pay taxes for any altruistic reason, but because we’re all scared of what the IRS will do to us if we don’t.
   
We’re programmed and controlled thru fear of the government., fear for our own survival, fear of our social standing, fear of how we will appear in the eyes of others… and as all of us know who have bothered to do even the tiniest bit of soul-searching, the most detrimental force in the universe is fear. The grand oppressor. The supreme killer. The greatest slave master. And we’re controlled by it every hour of every day in some fashion.
   I don’t know about you, but to me there seems to be something seriously wrong with this picture! We live in a made-up world where the reflections on the nuthouse walls have been mistaken for reality, yet we’ve been doing it so long that we think it is real. The society we live in, the rules we live by, the morals and standards of the world are 100%, absolutely, completely, irrevocably, undeniably just made up as we go along to serve the needs of those making it up!
   And what’s worse  is that people don’t see it. They refuse to see it, as if by their refusal, by their continued denial, they can somehow believe that the white picket fence and the Norman Rockwell paintings represent reality. Personally, I think it’s far more believable that faeries and vampires are real than the wholesome Americana we’ve all been programmed to believe in.
   Sometimes I still hear my mother’s voice: “Now, Della, do you really think everybody else is crazy and you’re the only one who’s sane?”  Well… in a word, Mom – YES! At this point in my life, I really have come to see that 99.9% of the people in their world (or at least in this Western culture) are living in some kind of grand and illusory video game!

Rules of the game?

They go to work to pay for the car to drive to work in.

They work to pay for basic human rights, and the only result of having these basic human rights is that then they must work harder to pay for them.

They buy insurance to pay the medicine man for his pills (which are mostly placeboes anyway) and the reason they’re so sick in the first place is because they’ve worked themselves into all kinds of stress-related illnesses trying to gather enough green slips of paper with which to pay for the insurance to cover their stress-related illnesses.


 Is it just me?  I might take a valium if I had one, but I don’t have enough of those green slips of paper to pay for all that insurance to cover my stress-related psychosis, so I guess I’ll just have to go sit under a Joshua tree and drink cheap wine with the rest of the “crazy” people.
   Who’s more crazy?  The lunatics in the asylum or the lunatics running the asylum?
    Sometimes I think we ought to organize another tea party. But this time, instead of tea, we’ll throw all the politicians, land developers and IRS workers into the harbor with lead weights in their gold-lined pockets. Now that’s alchemy!
    Yes, Mom, the world really is a nuthouse and I’m ass-deep in walnuts!

____________

Join our discussions on Facebook

You can also buy my books
on Amazon or QuantumShaman.com
                              
             

                       


          


No comments: