Friday, November 11, 2016

You Say You Want A Revolution?

In response to the recent "election" here in the US...

I was having a conversation with a fellow seeker, and made the comment that it would require another Revolution to bring this country back to the Intent once held by its founders. Truth aside, this raised in my own mind the realization that I am not at all interested in starting that revolution, nor leading it, nor even really having much concern about it one way or the other.

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world

You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out...
(The Beatles)

For nagualists and anyone else seeking a true evolution of consciousness, the agenda is freedom. A word much bandied about, but seldom truly understood. Some would argue that freedom can only be obtained through conflict, war, etc., using the logic that "Freedom isn't free." On the other hand, I might argue that freedom from conflict, war, etc is more accurately the definition of freedom. I can't imagine that don Juan would have paraded around waving a flag - for, after all, what flag would he have waved? Mexico? Sonora? Yaqui? I can only imagine don Juan would have taken a look at the situation (whatever it may be), and then broken into a howl of laughter with don Genaro at his side, two old brujos crowing with amusement at the pointless shennanigans of foolish humans.

It's folly. All of it. We may tell ourselves it matters because we perceive some threat to our way of life (and admittedly that can be true in certain circumstances); but the ultimate reality is that it is folly. And the current situation is folly on such a huge stage that trying to fix it is even greater folly. Might as well stick one's finger in a dike to stem the great flood.

Knowing that doesn't necessarily solve the problem. But hopefully it helps to regain a perspective of detachment. I'm reminded of don Juan's conversation with Carlos about living strategically...
___

"All I can say to you," don Juan said, "is that a warrior is never available; never is he standing on the road waiting to be clobbered. Thus he cuts to a minimum his chances of the unforeseen. What you call accidents are, most of the time, very easy to avoid, except for fools who are living helter-skelter." 
"It is not possible to live strategically all the time," I said. "Imagine that someone is waiting for you with a powerful rifle with a telescopic sight; he could spot you accurately five hundred yards away. What would you do?" 
Don Juan looked at me with an air of disbelief and then broke into laughter.
"What would you do?" I urged him. 
"If someone is waiting for me with a rifle with a telescopic sight?" he said, obviously mocking me. 
"If someone is hiding out of sight, waiting for you. You won't have a chance. You can't stop a bullet." 
"No. I can't. But I still don't understand your point." 
"My point is that all your strategy cannot be of any help in a situation like that." 
"Oh, but it can. If someone is waiting for me with a powerful rifle with a telescopic sight I simply will not come around."  
Carlos Castaneda - A Separate Reality
___

Therefore, my Intent in the aftermath of this "election" is simply this. If the government or its minions come to my door to hang me for daring to exist... I simply will not be there.

Folly. A good word to remember.

_____
To read similar anecdotes from the perspective of a Toltec seer...

Or buy my books on Amazon or EyeScryPublications.com
Many thanks and infinite blessings...

                          

          

No comments: